Canoe the gentle current of the majestic Colorado River through a sculpted black and red walled
canyon. You’ll be self-contained, with only the gear in your boat, as we embark on a three-day journey to scout for big horn sheep standing on sheer cliff walls, experience secluded sauna caves, leap from the surrounding cliffs and float beneath the towering monolith of the Hoover Dam. At night, we’ll gather around a campfire and then hike to hot springs nestled within a narrow canyon pass. Nature doesn’t get any better than this. Prepare to learn the basics of camping, canoeing a little bit about this amazing juncture of natural and man-made wonders.
12/17 - 12/20
• Group Gear (tents, canoes, paddling equipment, cooking equipment)
• All paddle Equipment (canoes, paddles, pfds, etc.)
• All related camping fees and permits
• 8 meals
• Experienced guides
• Personal Camping Gear (sleeping bags, head lamp, ground pad, etc) *Available for reduced price rental
• 2 Meals while traveling (will stop at restaurants)
Exact Departure times will be decided on during the pre-trip meeting in the Outdoor Adventure Center, located in the Northwest corner of the SRC. Look out for an email about the meeting a week before the trips departure date.
Strenuousness Level: 4
Price: Students- $ 200 Non Students- $250
*Must be able to Demonstrate Swimming ability
More information on the website
of the event.