Who are we?
Get to know us and join us!
Active Minds is a national organization aimed at raising mental health awareness on college campuses. The Oxy chapter is new for the 2013-2014 schoolyear!
1. Increasing the awareness of the students, faculty, and staff at Occidental College about the following:
• issues surrounding mental health
• symptoms related to mental health disorders
• mental health resources available both on campus and in the surrounding community
2. Removing stigma surrounding mental health disorders so that students will feel more comfortable openly discussing mental-health related issues and seeking help when it is needed
3. Promoting a general awareness of holistic health by emphasizing care of both body and mind
4. Providing students with easy access to information about Eating Disorders, Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Anxiety Disorders, and other mental health disorders
5. Serving as a liaison between the student body and the mental health community by holding campus-wide activities such as hosting guest speakers, providing informational fact sheets, organizing fundraisers and running national Active Minds programs designed to reduce stigma and raise mental health awareness
6. Providing a forum and building an open environment for all students to speak up about mental health