Who are we?
Get to know us and join us!
Calliope is Chapman University’s Art and Literary Magazine, named for the Greek Muse of epic poetry. Chapman students and faculty members of all levels and majors may submit their work.
Calliope Art & Lit Magazine accepts:
• Creative Non-Fiction
• Graphic Design
• Comics, etc.
• Must be a current Chapman student/faculty member.
• Limit two (2) entries per student. (i.e. two writing pieces OR two art pieces OR one writing piece and one art piece).
• Each writing submission can be up to 3,000 words maximum
• Each art submission must include a title and may include a short description (no more than 10 words) of the medium used or where the photo was taken.
• Please submit your work as an attachment. Writing must be submitted as .doc, .docx, .txt or .rtf (not PDF or pages). Art must be submitted at highest resolution as a .jpeg file.
• Delete your name or other personal information from any attachments, as Calliope submissions are read anonymously.
• The email subject header should read “Calliope Submission:” followed by the genre of your submission. (i.e. Calliope Submission: Fiction & Photograph)
• Include in the body of your email one (1) short contributor’s note (regardless of how many pieces you submit). This must be written in the third person and can describe you/your work in general, as well as your major and class level. This will be published alongside your work if it is accepted.
Please email submissions/questions to email@example.com. The deadline for the Spring 2015 edition is February 27, 2015 at 11:59pm.
Stay updated with Calliope!
University Website: http://www.chapman.edu/wilkinson/english/orgs-publications/calliope.aspx